Position Overview: Reflects a collaborative and strengths-based approach, with the primary goal being to provide recovery and twelve step-education to individuals to assist them in achieving sustained recovery from addiction and/or mental health challenges.
- Provides recovery education including 12 step philosophy, disease of addiction and other curriculum as required.
- Provides guidance and assist client in overcoming barriers and challenges in their recovery journey.
- Facilitates twelve step groups, mini groups, big book studies, and psycho-education groups.
- Develops recovery/care plans and connects individuals to internal and external support services.
- Educates and empowers individuals by assisting them in developing a strong, stable recovery support system.
- Assists individuals with self-care and self-awareness, encouragement and support.
- Teaches coping skills and the positive benefits of long term recovery.
- Provides quality, sufficient and appropriate services and maintains high professional standards.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in behavioral health science preferred;
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2 years’ experience in the field of drug/alcohol and must share and have Big Book based 12 step experience and background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices/clinics. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Monroeville – 2380 McGinley Road, Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146