N00367 – Cook
Position Overview: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational or Technical Education preferred.
- 2 years related experience and/or training in food production.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- People interaction skills.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a supervisor that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Technical Proficiency: Applies the technical knowledge and skills required in order to achieve the expected outputs.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time actively working with kitchen staff and members of the RCA team.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to stand in one place for hours at a time, requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Monroeville – 2380 McGinley Road, Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146