N00016 – Admissions Coordinator
"I feel very appreciated at my job; my team works well together to achieve a vision and I’m proud to be a part of it. Everyone has love and empathy for our patients. We let patients know we care and help them get through the day or even just the next moment. My boss takes the time to listen to me, encourages me and trusts me." Sabia M.
In 2013, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) announced a goal: Save one million lives from the disease of addiction. We’re working fast and hard to fulfill that promise, with over 11 facilities that offer evidence-based inpatient, outpatient, and medication-assisted treatment 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We know one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to addiction treatment; that’s why we tailor our treatment for each patient and offer specialized programs for patients with trauma and multiple recurrences, as well as programs for older adults, first responders, and more.
We believe in the power of local treatment, because families are a huge part of the treatment and recovery process at RCA. Our family program rebuilds, restores, or strengthens family relationships.
Our curriculum, resources, and evidence-based care were created to help patients not just achieve recovery, but maintain it for life. All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
All of our services and treatment are delivered by clinical expertise – that’s where you come in.
As an Admissions Coordinator, you’ll be a part of our exciting mission of helping millions of people jumpstart their recovery. Your expertise will aid in admitting and assessing patients as they begin their journey to recovery. You’ll make a difference in the lives of patients, their families, and communities.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling, life-changing job, Recovery Centers of America is the right place for you. And you’re the right candidate for us!
Position Overview: The Admissions Coordinator will facilitate and evaluate therapeutic, medical and financial arrangements of incoming chemically dependent patients and/or family members.
* Provides appropriate orientation to program aspects post admission, including documentation and data input into computer system.
* Assures prompt responses to patient needs, reviews and maintains all documents and departmental logs, and ensures fair distribution of patients to physicians.
* Provides telephone and in person assessments and, initial contact with referral sources and potential patients, coordinates the referral and intake process, determines appropriate level of care and maintains communication with referral sources, families, patients and unit staff.
* Collects and analyzes data related to departmental performance indicators.
* Assists counselors and other senior program staff in crisis intervention as needed.
* Bachelor’s degree in psychology or related field or related experience
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in admissions in a substance abuse services
* Knowledge of HIPAA policies and procedures
* Proficient with Microsoft Office.
* Strong communication and negotiation skills.
* Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
* Decision Making: Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions; take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Monroeville – 2380 McGinley Road, Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146